Utilizing a Google sheet for content material marketing planning and SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION management is one of the most effective ways you can keep your strategy on track.
It’s true there are tons of powerful technology tools out there for different content marketing needs. But Google linens should not be underestimated among them. Google sheets provide a free, central, collaborative place where you can have total control over how you create your tracking systems and take care of your content.
In addition, you don’t have to start from scratch if you want to make Google sheets component of your content marketing management system. There are tried-and-true templates readily available for all kinds of content marketing and SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION needs, and this article puts some of the best ones all in one place.
- Strategy-minded templates like data dashes and goal trackers keep your content marketing efforts concentrated and on track.
- Content calendars help with day-to-day management associated with content publishing. They can be utilized for single channels like social media marketing, or cover multiple channels in one sheet.
- Google page templates can also be used for SEO-centric efforts like keyword analysis, pursuing featured snippets, plus identifying content gaps.
10 Google Sheet Templates for SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION and Content Marketing
MIG’s Content Strategy Dashboard
I’ll start with the tool we use at Advertising Insider Group. I developed this Google sheet template over time to cover all of the most important components of your content strategy. This aims to keep all of your endeavours — strategic and executional — in one place. Bedding on this template include:
- SEO Audit – Know where you rank when compared with your competitors for your most important key phrases.
- Metric Benchmark s – Track essential content marketing KPIs after and before content marketing initiatives.
- Ideation – Track article ideas by keyword, category, and amount of priority.
- Editorial Appointments – Maintain a comprehensive publishing schedule that also outlines keywords, CTAs, category, and content type.
- Analytics Dashboard – Monthly tracking of key KPI metrics.
Growth Machine’s Wiki Strategy Spreadsheet
I like this template for the incorporation of goal monitoring. Setting well-defined goals plus tracking their progress is one of the surest ways to keep your group accountable and your efforts concentrated.
Effective objective tracking also helps you understand when certain strategies aren’t working and it’s time to pivot, or when you need to carry out more of something that’s showing successful.
This template has three bedding:
- Objective Tracking – set your sales, conversion, and traffic goals to be calculated monthly
- Article Tips – list ideas depending on keyword research from equipment like Ahref’s or SEMRush
- Guest Posters – track who will visitor post on your site to assist earn backlinks and greater visibility
Builtvisible’s Content Strategy Finding Tool
This unique tool pulls information from the world’s biggest news and content sources to help you track what’s trending throughout the web and find topic motivation related to your content niche. This particular template is also comprised of three sheets:
- Ideas – See the many successful existing content associated with your topics. This linen pulls content from resources like Reddit, YouTube, Search engines News, Hacker News, Yahoo Answers, Data. gov and much more.
- Source & Place – Learn more about influential bloggers and content creators related to your own topic. This information gives you an opportunity to consider guest post requests and other content partnerships.
- Well-known – What are the overall greatest topics on the web right now? This is helpful for considering how your articles can connect with current activities.
Hubspot’s Editorial Calendar
Picture Source: Hubspot
Hubspot’s editorial calendar template is used by more than a hundred and forty, 000 marketers. This single-sheet template is simple, but it covers all the right bases and it is effective for tracking deadlines, topics, authors, keywords, and target audiences.
ClickMinded Editorial Content Calendar
This template from ClickMinded is great for simple, no-frills but effective editorial calendaring. It songs content deadlines, authors, topics, details, channel, and key phrases.
You can use this simpler template separate from your larger content strategy templates if you want to keep your day-to-day booking in a separate place and/or share it with a larger content team who may not have access to strategy documents.
Vertex 42 Articles Calendar
Image Supply: Vertex
This content calendar design template from the Excel and Google Sheet gurus at Vertex 42 is a good option for teams that are greatly collaborative with content creation and publishing. It gets specific about project status, person responsible, deadlines, and priority level.
In the event that content liability is at the top of your priority list, this might be the template for you. Various other features include multiple calendar views and a hashtag organizer.
Hootsuite Social media marketing Editorial Calendar
Hootsuite is one of the most popular software programs utilized by content marketers for social networking management. They offer this free template for anyone to use to plan and track their particular social media posting schedule. It is really an especially useful template in case your brand is posting lots of content across several platforms.
The Google sheet tracks your exercise by week and 30 days, noting the title, writer, and deadline to keep your own team accountable for on-time publishing. The Hootsuite tool alone allows you to automatically schedule your posts so nothing falls with the cracks.
SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION Strategy
SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION Monitoring Dashboard from Distilled
This particular SEO monitoring dashboard template from Distilled covers one of the most important SEO metrics you should be tracking, including a chart of your current rankings, position changes over time, and web page CTRs. It’s beneficial because it puts your day-to-day tracking data and long-term KPI metrics in one place. Here is the detailed, step-by-step guide on how to use it.
Content Gap Finder
Content gaps are keywords or topics that your brand is not rank for that they should be. This useful Google sheet template works together with Google Search Console to help you recognize your content gaps and develop new strategies to fill all of them. The tool works by using Console to identify keywords and concerns for which you rank 20-100+. It organizes all of them using CTR data so you can pursue the highest-potential opportunities first.
Once you know where your content gaps are usually, you can take actions like generating more content, updating previous content, pursuing long-tail keywords, and refocusing your technique in other ways to eliminate the spaces.
Featured Snippet Opportunity Finder
Featured snippets appear at the top of SERPs in order to quickly answer user queries and inquiries. They’re especially common for searches involving question words. Featured snippets take up about half of a user’s screen after making a research and are a sure method to increase traffic and obtain an advantage over your competition. Earning the showcased snippet position for searches related to your brand should be an active portion of your SEO strategy.
Taking Your Content material Calendar Template to the Next Degree
Content material marketing is a long video game . It requires a commitment to producing great content. Templates can certainly help, but sometimes that’s not enough. In cases where you simply can not do it all, you need to look for a partner that can keep your content material flowing. We’re here to provide that help.
If you are ready to get more visitors your site with quality content published consistently, check out our SEO Blog Writing Service . Set up a fast consultation , and I’ll send you a free PDF version of my books. Get started today and generate a lot more traffic and leads for your business.
The post 10 Google Sheet Layouts for SEO and Content Marketing appeared first on Marketing Insider Group .