If you want to improve your social media marketing strategy , you should know about the different types of social media content material and how or where you share that content.
Should you focus on pictures? Videos? Blogs? What about community forums? And, once you have your content, how can you want to roll it out? You could post on local community review sites or live-stream it to the masses. Understanding these different types of social media can help you develop a better content technique and know where to concentrate your time and energy.
To help you out, we’ ve put together a list of 14 sorts of social media every marketer needs to know. From social networking in order to video sharing and social messaging, there’ s something for everyone (and every business).
Types of social networking
5. Live loading
twelve. Community running a blog sites
1 . Social networking sites
Overview: Social networking websites allow people to connect with each other through a shared online room. Users can like, reveal, comment on posts and adhere to other users and businesses.
For brands, social media marketing networking sites offer an opportunity to build awareness, create a community of customers and followers plus drive traffic to websites. By creating informative and appealing content, brands can cultivate relationships with customers and followers that lead to conversions.
Examples: Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Snapchat
How brands can use social networking sites:
- Post, reveal and respond to audience content
- Directly match others. Whether as buddies or fans, an engaged social following signals clout for marketers and brands alike
- Type communities and discuss related news within them
second . Photo and image spreading sites
Review: Studies show that will visual content on social media receives a lot more engagement than written content. Visual assets also have become a top priority for contemporary brands, with nearly 49% of entrepreneurs saying that pictures are key to their technique.
Platforms such as Instagram, which has more than 1 billion monthly active users , have made it easier than ever before in order to curate and share photos and images. Brands looking to carry out this type of social media marketing should focus on high-quality, creative visuals that tell a story.
Examples: Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest and Imgur
How brands may use photo and image posting sites:
- Post top quality, creative images that demonstrate your brand values
- Curate and advertise user-generated content via top quality hashtags
- Build relationships customers and followers instantly
several. Video sharing sites
Overview: Half of all social media users state they prefer video to any other kind of content. Much like image-based interpersonal sites, video hubs such as YouTube, TikTok and Vimeo are attracting visitors within droves via visual articles.
Why is video clip so popular? Well, video articles requires less effort regarding viewers to absorb. There’s no reading or no scrolling, simply watching. Not to mention, videos are usually optimal for educating your audience. How-to’s and lessons are the cornerstones of interpersonal video content.
Examples: YouTube, TikTok and Vimeo
How brands can use video sharing sites:
- Make use of video to demonstrate how your product or service works
- Share customer testimonials plus success stories
- Produce helpful how-to guides and tutorials related to your business
- Highlight company culture with behind-the-scenes footage
4. Audio sharing sites
Overview : Audio spreading sites really are a type of social media that became popular during the COVID-19 pandemic. Trapped at home with Zoom fatigue, individuals were looking for an easier way to consume content, and audio-only turned out to be the solution.
Interpersonal apps like Clubhouse offer users a unique way to interact with others and share ideas. This type of social media is still in its early days but shows a lot of promise for the future.
Examples : Clubhouse, Twitter Spaces and Facebook Reside Audio Rooms
How manufacturers can use audio sharing sites:
- Share behind-the-scenes content material, like interviews with workers and company leaders
- Host live occasions and Q& A occasions with customers or professionals in your industry
- Take listeners on a journey by sharing audio stories or vignettes
5. Live loading apps
Review: Live streaming apps allow users to share real-time video with their supporters. This content is often unedited and authentic, giving viewers a special behind-the-scenes glimpse into the lifestyle of the person streaming.
The live streaming market is booming, using more than 482 billion hours watched in 2020 alone. Stream everything from concerts to eSports, product launches and past.
Illustrations: YouTube Live, Facebook Live, Twitch and UStream
How brands can use live streaming apps:
- Give viewers a candid look at your brand
- Build anticipation just for upcoming products or activities with live teasers
- Increase sales simply by offering exclusive deals and discounts to viewers fine-tuning in live
6. Social messaging apps
Overview: Social messaging apps are a type of social media that allows users in order to communicate in real time. One of the most popular messaging apps—WhatsApp— has more compared to 200 billion monthly users !
While they aren’ t traditionally thought of as the marketing tool, messaging apps like WhatsApp can be a powerful way to reach and engage with your target audience. Brands can use these to provide customer service, product recommendations and even to make sales.
Examples: Facebook Messenger, Twitter DMs, Google Business Messenger, WhatsApp and WeChat
How brands can use social messages apps:
- Use chatbots to answer customer questions
- Send out automated coupon codes or discount provides
- Create a personal group for loyal clients and followers
- Use Sensible Inbox to monitor all incoming messages and conversations in one place
7. Disappearing content material apps
Overview: Disappearing content, also known as ephemeral content, describes content that only is present for a short period of time before it runs out or is no longer available. Snapchat popularized this format, great other platforms like Instagram, Facebook and WhatsApp offer similar functions .
Vanishing content is a great way to include excitement and urgency to your marketing campaigns. It can also help you connect with younger audiences whom tend to flock to this kind of social media. Instagram Stories alone have more than 500 million daily energetic users .
Examples: Snapchat, Instagram Stories plus Facebook Stories
How brand names can use disappearing content apps:
- Promote time-sensitive product sales and discounts
- Encourage your audience to share their own disappearing content
- Create behind-the-scenes content to give your audience the peek into your brand
8. Social shopping networks
Overview: Social shopping has become increasingly popular recently. Most social media platforms right now allow users to browse and buy products without ever causing their app.
This a convenient method for consumers to shop, and it offers brands with a unique chance to sell their products directly to their own target audience. Considering that 60% of people say they find new items on Instagram, and 75% of Pinterest users state they are “ always shopping” in the app, social shopping holds a lot of value for businesses.
Examples: Fb for Business, Shopify by TikTok, Instagram Shop and Pinterest Shoppable Pins
Just how brands can use social shopping networks:
- Create a Facebook shop and link it to your Facebook and Instagram pages
- Make use of Pinterest Shoppable Pins in order to tag products in your content and allow users to purchase them without leaving the application
- Add a TikTok Shop to your profile promote products directly to your fans
- Tag items in Instagram posts and Stories and link to your site or other platforms like Shopify
9. Interactive social media apps
Overview: These types of social media applications focus on user interaction and engagement . They encourage users to communicate, usually through gamification, competitions or voting.
For example , Snapchat’s “Lenses” feature lets users include augmented-reality filters to their photos. And, TikTok has “Duets” that allow users in order to record themselves singing or dancing alongside another user’s video.
Examples: Instagram Stories, Snapchat, TikTok, Tumblr and Weibo
How brand names can use interactive social media apps:
- Create a branded Snapchat Lens or Filter that your audience can play with
- Encourage users in order to Duet your TikTok video clip to win a prize
- Stay mixed up in comment section of Weibo Tales
10. Discussion forums
Overview: Discussion forums are online platforms where people can find out, give answers and start discussions on a variety of topics. For instance , Reddit provides communities (called subreddits) for just about every subject imaginable, from jokes to cryptocurrency.
Brand names can visit forums to engage in social listening—learning what people are saying about them and getting feedback through customers and potential customers.
Examples: Reddit, Quora plus Stack Overflow
How brand names can use discussion forums:
- Crowdsource product feedback plus ideas in relevant community forum threads
- Supply customer support in forums exactly where your people are discussing your brand
- Take part in relevant subreddits and solution questions related to your market
11. Microblogging platforms
Overview: Microblogging is a type of social media marketing that allows users to post short up-dates or messages. Twitter is the most famous example of microblogging, allowing users to tweet within 140 characters or much less.
While microblogging was once dominated simply by Twitter, platforms like LinkedIn and Tumblr have also gain popularity microblogging sites.
Examples: Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest and LinkedIn
How brands can use microblogging platforms:
- Make use of hashtags to join conversations regarding your industry or item
- Share information, articles and other content relevant to your followers
- Offer customer support or solution questions in microblogs or even comments
12. Community blogging websites
Overview: Community blogging sites are platforms where people can come together to write posts, share ideas and work together on projects. Most local community blogging sites focus on a certain niche or topic, which makes them a great resource for selecting new content ideas and connecting with other like-minded individuals. They also tend to have very involved users, which can be beneficial for advertising your brand or product.
Good examples: Medium, GrowthHackers, BlogEngage and DoSplash
Exactly how brands can use community blogging sites:
- Create or curate content around a particular topic
- Develop relationships with other bloggers within your niche
- Generate traffic back to your own blog
thirteen. Social review sites
Overview: According to Statista, 36% of consumers use online reviews to inform their purchase choices. Many of them also trust on-line reviews as much as personal recommendations.
Curating, gathering and engaging with your on the web reviews is essential to success in many industries today. In addition, did you know you can post directly to your Google Business Profile using Sprout Social?
Examples: Google Business User profile, Amazon, Yelp and Fb
How brands can use social review sites:
- Monitor and respond to reviews in a timely manner
- Encourage joyful customers to leave positive reviews
- Use damaging reviews as an opportunity to transform your business
14. Social curation and bookmarking sites
Overview: Social bookmark submitting lets you save web pages so that you can revisit them later. These sites also allow users to include annotations, share bookmarks with others and discover new content material.
Use this type of social media to curate content material for your team or customers. It’s also a great place to create a content bucket compared to you can repurpose across your social media channels.
Examples: Pocket (pictured above), Get, Pinterest and Mix
How brands can use social curation and bookmarking sites:
- Create a content bucket that your team can use on interpersonal
- Collecting consumer research and insights
- Find relevant happy to share with your audience plus save it for later
Which type associated with social media is right for your company?
The forms of social media sites you use for your business should be based on your own goals. If you want to increase brand awareness , consider using a mix of social networking and content curation sites. If you’ re looking to build relationships with customers , focus on online community sites. And if you want to create leads or sales, consider utilizing social bookmarking or e-commerce websites.
If you’ re using multiple varieties of social media marketing in your strategy, consider utilizing a social media management system like Sprout Social. With Sprout, you can share content across major social channels, engage with your audience plus track the performance of the social media campaigns from one area. Start your free trial today !
The post 14 types of social media every single marketer should know appeared first on Sprout Social .