A content marketing platform is an essential tool for any modern business that wants to take full advantage of the time and resources they have got and succeed in digital marketing.
The right platform will help you with creating articles, promoting and distributing your content on the most effective channels at the optimal times, and supplying analytical tools so you can consistently optimize and fine-tune your articles marketing strategy.
Nevertheless , with so many content marketing technologies options available, it can be difficult narrowing down the choices and finding the perfect solution for your business.
If you’ re looking into content marketing and advertising platforms to streamline your articles production and marketing plan, use these guidelines to help you find a platform that will work for you.
- The goal of a content marketing platform would be to help marketers become more effective in carrying out their content strategy.
- A content technological platform makes it easier to measure the ROI of your content marketing.
- A great content marketing platform has effective functionality for content creation, cooperation, SEO, distribution, and analytics.
What is a Content Marketing Platform?
Before we consider the finer points of comparing different content marketing platforms and choosing one to use, it’ s important to establish exactly what we mean when we say “ content marketing and advertising platform”.
Whilst every individual platform varies in terms of functionality and features, all solutions have a common goal of helping internet marketers to manage their content online marketing strategy and be more efficient and effective in carrying out their articles marketing plan. Content marketing can be highly effective but it’ s also time-consuming plus resource intensive to manage. 60% of marketers produce at least one new content resource every day . A articles marketing platform can help to make this procedure faster and easier.
A platform may include tools for content creation, optimization, promotion, automation, and analytics.
There’ s unlikely to be 1 platform that provides all the efficiency you need to carry out your content advertising plan. But your content marketing platform should act as the main management tool that combines with the rest of your martech stack and ties almost everything together.
The Benefits of Using a Content Marketing Platform
Just in case you’ re not really entirely sold on investing in a content marketing platform, let’ s begin with a quick rundown of some of the advantages of using this type of software being an integral part of your marketing strategy.
More Efficient Workflow
A articles marketing platform helps to speed up your content creation , optimization, and promotion by automating repetitive tasks and taking advantage of intelligent algorithms to cut lower time-consuming testing and optimisation cycles.
Enhanced Compliance and Consistency
Using a centralized system to manage all content manufacturing ensures a consistent brand tone of voice and that all marketing communications adhere to set standards and are up to date with any applicable regulations and guidelines.
Easier Analysis and Optimisation
It’ t notoriously difficult to measure the ROI of content material marketing promotions, but your content marketing platform could make this a simple task. Sophisticated analysis and optimization tools also make it easy to determine the features of your best executing content so you can replicate the success of the claims.
Important Features of a Content Marketing Platform
While standalone advertising software solutions tend to focus on one or two specific functions, content marketing platforms more carefully resemble a suite various tools. This combined features enables you to use a single central platform to manage all your content material marketing activities and avoids issues with duplication of information and different team members using different tools to perform the same jobs.
Looking at the individual functions of different content marketing and advertising solutions is a good place to start. One of the most important functions of a content marketing platform include:
Research & Content Creation
Deciding what to come up with can be one of the trickiest parts of content marketing. A good system will provide you with tools for competitor and keyword research plus insights into your audience so that you can choose topics that are probably useful and of interest.
Many platforms also provide tools to help you create your content, including sourcing images, curating content from other sources, plus optimizing your content layout with regard to SEO and conversions.
Collaboration & Project Management
In case there are several people involved in your content marketing process, you’ lmost all need some way of making certain they can work together, communicate, plus collaborate efficiently.
Content marketing platforms usually include tools to help you handle the whole process of content manufacturing with several members. This might include an editorial calendar and cloud-based collaborative modifying software.
The content marketing platform should assist you to manage all your content — both existing and brand new content that you create inside the platform. Properly organizing your content means it’ s simple to find for later re-purposing, and when analytics data is collected you’ ll be able to see quickly which content is executing well or poorly.
After content is usually published, your job isn’ to done. For your content marketing plan to be successful you also need to promote it to the right people at the right occasions. A marketing platform can use data to find the optimal places in order to promote your articles and handle the task, leaving your team free to work on other jobs.
Analytics plus Optimization
The important thing to successful content marketing and advertising is continual improvement. Your content marketing platform will collect data to help you learn more about how your articles is performing so that you can improve existing content and optimize the production of new content .
What to Consider When Comparing Platforms
Once you have the clearer idea of what exactly you want from your content marketing platform, you’ ll probably come across a number of solutions that may seem suitable for your organization.
Before you make a decision based purely to the number of features each system offers, it’ s worth asking yourself a few important queries about how each solution will align with your business plus marketing strategy.
- What is your continuing budget? You need to think about not only the initial investment from the software but also the costs to implement it and keep it running. Consider additional equipment needs, support, license charges, and training — all these costs must be included when deciding on your investment and calculating ROI.
- How easy is it to use? A complicated system with advanced functionality may seem appealing but it will be useless if your employees don’ t use it because the understanding curve is so steep. Think carefully about who exactly will be using the platform, their existing knowledge and skills, and exactly how much further training is going to be needed to integrate the platform fully into your everyday workflow.
- Does it incorporate with your existing tools plus systems? You most likely curently have other software tools that you rely on for the day-to-day working of your business. While it may be acceptable for a new system to replace some of these tools, you also need to ensure that it will work along with your essential systems and current marketing software, such as your own CRM or email marketing system.
- Exactly what support is available? Does the platform offer a 24/7 help desk if you run into any issues? What is the provider level agreement and how quickly can you expect support tickets to be responded to?
- How flexible is the solution? Will it level with you as your business increases? Does the license assistance a set number of users? How can this change if your team grows in the future? If your content material marketing needs change can the software adapt to suit?
- How happens to be the platform updated? May be the vendor known for innovation and have they designed it using the future in mind? In the fast-moving world of marketing technology, it’ s essential to choose a solution that will evolve as soon as the tools and techniques close to it.
- What other clients are already using the platform? Does the seller have a good track record and good reviews?
- How detailed could be the reporting functionality and analytics? Is data collected and reported in real time? Could it be easy to calculate the RETURN ON INVESTMENT of each of your campaigns? Do the reports include actionable insights?
There’ s a lot to think about plus it’ s certainly not a decision that should be made based on exactly what your competitors are using or which usually platform simply has the many features. You need to carefully think about what goals you want to attain, the specific features that are essential to you, and how easily the platform can be implemented into your current business workflow.
Make sure that key members of your content marketing team take part in the decision — after all, they’ ll be the ones using it. Once you’ ve narrowed your choices down to a few potential vendors, make sure to book the demo so you can get a real really feel of how to use the platform and if it will work for your business.
The write-up How to Choose the Content Marketing Platform for Your Business appeared very first on Advertising Insider Group .