Old-school marketing techniques just don’t cut this anymore.
Pop-up ads had their day, but now, 42. 7% of worldwide online users stop them in their tracks with an ad-blocker.
On average, individuals see anywhere between 6, 500 and 11, 000 advertisements per day. It’s no surprise that most of us have gone “ad blind” and rarely pay attention to them anymore.
Cold calls are also out-of-date. Only 27% of sales reps believe cold phoning is still effective, and the exercise has a low 2% effectiveness.
What about PAY PER CLICK and social media?
They still work, but studies have shown that articles marketing consistently outperforms all of them by a wide margin. SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION drives a whopping 1, 000% more traffic than natural social media, and even Google confesses that SEO traffic is usually 5x greater than PPC .
It’s clear that content material marketing is the strategy of the present plus future .
Content marketing comes in numerous forms, including SEO web articles, blog posts, social media articles, videos, online courses, training calls, whitepapers, ebooks, and more.
Today, we’re going to focus on ebooks and what they could offer your business in terms of advertising growth.
Ready to bring your own idea for an ebook to life? Our custom content solutions from expert-level writers include ebooks beginning around $105/page.
How to Write an Ebook for Your Business in 6 Steps
Ebooks can be a highly rewarding part of your content marketing strategy… if they’re done properly.
If you’re wanting to know whether people still study ebooks, the answer is INDEED!
Harper Collins reported a 38% increase in ebook downloading for the first quarter of 2021.
Ebooks can be greatly profitable because they don’t cost you any printing materials or even shipping costs to get the product to the customer. Once someone downloading your ebook, it’s instantly accessible.
When it comes to business, an ebook is usually composed for one of two objectives:
- Revenue: Charging a fee to down load your ebook can create a side stream of extra income
- Conversions & Leads: Offering your ebook for free allows you to share information about your products and services, seasonal offers, and academic information about your industry.
Ebooks can be a profitable part of your content marketing strategy, helping you develop revenue and leads/conversions. Learn to write an ebook for the biz in this post.
Click To Tweet
There’s a lot that goes into an ebook. Let’ t look at the creation steps, starting with…
1 . Select a Topic People WANT to Read
You might be a brilliant article writer, but if you write your own ebook on a subject your audience couldn’t care less regarding, nobody is ever likely to read it.
Be cognizant of your market niche. You can take a more systematic approach to coming up with your ebook topic by:
- Using synthetic data: Look at the insights from past content material you’ve published on your web site and social media. Do you discover any themes? Does your audience seem to respond to certain topics better than others?
- Checking out your competition: What subjects are your competitors writing about? Are individuals engaging with their content, or not?
- Sending out surveys: Unsure what your audience is usually most interested in? Ask them! Operate a poll on social media or even set up a quick survey that goes out to your email clients. SurveyMonkey is a great free device for this, or you can use Google Forms .
- Assessment the market: Prior to committing to a full ebook, release the first chapter to your market and see how they respond. Keep an eye on the number of downloads and be available to any feedback from beta readers.
It’s important to find a stability between what people want to learn and what you know how to compose.
By that, I mean don’t follow the fads and write an ebook about losing weight or making money just because that’s what you believe is trending. Chances are, these markets are oversaturated, as well as your book will be a tiny, undetected drop in an ocean centered by established big brands.
Stick to your marketplace and expertise. Write whatever you know.
Pro tip : Make sure you choose a topic that has a restricted focus but plenty of flexibility for you to address different (but relevant) points. You want to ensure every section ties jointly, but you don’t want to capture yourself in box plus repeat the same information over and over again.
second . Research Before You Write
It’s appealing to dive right within and start writing, but the analysis process is an important phase that must happen first.
Even if you’re an expert in your chosen topic, you’ll still want to include outside sources such as case studies, data, and research. Plus, it’s a good idea to double-check your information.
Read additional ebooks within your industry niche and topic to see how you can put a personal spin on information that’s already available for consumers. Making it personal is the best way to help your ebook stand out from the crowd.
3. Produce a Clear Outline
A word to the wise – without an describe to follow, many writers get stuck within the first few chapters of their ebook.
First, decide the way you want to format your e-book. Is it going to be a step-by-step solution to a problem? Or are you going to present your information like a case study, or a research paper?
It’s also a great idea to determine the page orientation so you can plan your chapters appropriately for a vertical versus horizontal layout.
From there, create the structural foundation of your ebook with titles and subheadings. Doing this stage before you start writing is the easiest way to ensure each section flows efficiently into the next one and your content stays on topic.
4. Find a Quiet, Distraction-Free Place to Write
Even seasoned authors can be easily distracted. The ultimate way to make sure you see your ebook via from start to finish without losing your concentration and motivation is to eliminate as much interruptions as possible.
Mute your phone and close your open Fb tab. Over time, you’ll learn your own personal preferences. Maybe you like to compose with music playing, or maybe you prefer silence.
Every writer’s ideal establishing for maximum productivity is going to be different.
5. Write Your First Write, Then Come Back for Modifying
An initial draft isn’t meant to be perfect.
Don’t let yourself get bogged lower trying to edit and run after perfection while you’re writing. That’s only going to lead to frustration and a case of writer’s block when you eliminate track of your thoughts.
Get your words down on the particular page first. Then, go back and edit your work.
6. Get the Help of an Editor
Ideally, if you would like the highest quality ebook, you’ll employ a freelance editor that has the experience, knowledge, and knowledge to give your work the same modifying attention a traditional publishing home would.
But be advised – which is an additional cost that you may not need factored into the project.
At the very least, if you don’t buy a professional editor, ask multiple friends, colleagues, and/or members of the family to proofread your work. The more eyes, the better.
You absolutely do NOT wish to publish an ebook filled with typos, grammar mistakes, bad research, no citations, plus punctuation errors. That’s a quick way to destroy your reliability.
Self-Publishing Your Ebook
A multitude of publishing resources are available in order to authors these days. Before you start taking a look at your publication options, think about how you want readers to find and download your e-book.
If you have your personal website, the quickest way to distribute your ebook is to make it a downloadable PDF that individuals can access through your site.
If you want your ebook to be available on Amazon . com, you can upload your. mobi file to Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) and distribute it for free.
Amazon is definitely a big participant worth looking at for distribution. Analysts estimate that Amazon’s share of the ebook market is between 68% and 83% , although it’s hard to pinpoint an exact number since Amazon . com doesn’t openly share these details.
KDP authors have the option of making their publications exclusive to Amazon with regard to higher royalties and extra perks, or opting for expanded submission to reach more retailers yet pocket lower royalties.
Other self-publishing systems such as IngramSpark and Draft2Digital can distribute to Amazon . com, Apple, Barnes & Commendable, Walmart, and other retailers and could be viable options depending on your publication and submission goals.
Your own publishing method will determine what kind of file type you will require:
- Portable Document Format (PDF): The most basic plus widely known type of file, Ebooks are meant to be read on the screen for which they were produced. Your ebook formatting will be fixed in place, meaning the written text and layout won’t end up being adjusted for desktop versus tablet vs . smartphone make use of.
- Electronic Publication (EPUB): This format is more flexible and widely accepted simply by different devices and ereading gadgets. An epub file can adapt based on the size from the screen for best readability.
- MOBI: These types of files are similar to epubs but have a couple of extra limitations such as the failure to support audio or video clip. KDP uses mobi files, and most other e-readers can read them with the exception associated with Nook.
- AZW: An additional ebook file type that was originally designed for Kindle yet can also be read on most mobile phones, tablets, and computers.
- OpenDocument File format (ODF): This kind of file is optimized designed for OpenOffice.
- IBA: An Apple-only ebook format that will supports text, video, audio, images, and interactive elements within an ebook but is compatible only with books that were written in iBooks.
Struggling to create Your Ebook a Reality? Employ an Expert to Help!
We covered a lot, plus it can be overwhelming for company owners who might have assumed composing an ebook was as simple as uploading a Word document.
In case you have a topic in mind but don’t have the time to write an e-book, you should seriously consider outsourcing the project to an expert to know exactly how to create a highly effective ebook that flows well, feels professional, and inspires your own readers to action.
We all do more than just ebooks! Visit our Articles Shop to find out what other types of custom content material our expert writers can create for your personal marketing strategy.