2 things are worth searching for any marketer out there: real love and the right marketing equipment.
Neither comes easy.
In the event that you’ re one of those online marketers who has been searching for martech tools, you’ re not by yourself. According to a Encouraged /Sirkin study, investment in marketing tools improved 11% in 2020 by itself.
But before you are able to appreciate marketing asset management software (MAM), we have to go back in time a little bit. To 1994.
Why Advertising Asset Management Software?
Imagine this, you’ re a marketer in a firm somewhere in Philly, and you’ re responsible for managing media assets. These types of marketing files include:
Your day job will comprise of long periods of the storage, retrieval, manipulation, and distribution of hundreds of these assets.
From a distance, this looks like quite an easy job. That’ s until you consider the time you will spend rummaging by means of hundreds of cassette tapes looking for a particular marketing video.
When you’ lso are not doing that, you will be taking the bus home on the Monday morning for a diskette you forgot or getting hell from the bosses for any misplaced marketing tape you can’ t find.
That’ s exactly where MAM software comes in.
What Exactly Is Marketing Resource Management Software?
The good news is that today you don’ t have to spend your day manually sharing marketing and advertising assets or worrying about dropping a lead generation video or a film.
That’ s quite a good start, given that 60 per cent of marketing experts say they suffer from function stress at least three times each week.
And it’ s all thanks to one marketing automation technology: Marketing Asset Management Software program.
MAM software leverages metadata taxonomies to group, search, and distribute your creative files across your marketing department. Some of the services MAM will bring to your marketing strategy include:
- Central storage for all your marketing assets (blogs, stock photos, videos, etc . )
- Streamlining marketing content storage, retrieval, and access
- Automating both external (to freelancers and cloud storage) and internal content distribution
- Automating media file access through biosecurity like facial recognition
- Version control to keep track of fixing versions of the same date file
- Document previews to allow you to sample large images and videos briefly
And that’ ersus not all. Beyond improving your bottom line, effective MAM software goes a long way in helping secure your own media content and mental property through rights administration.
But Which usually Software Is Right for Me?
The problem with MAM software is that there are “ millions” of options out there.
This means more chances for making errors and choosing one eventually ends up feeling like a game associated with Russian roulette. Before you know it, evaluating the right software program platform becomes an issue.
Thankfully, this trial and error can finish today. You are in the proper place at the right time, which blog will help you choose the best MAM solution for your marketing group.
First, you will have to condense the thousands of asset management firms out there right into a list of about seven or even eight. A great list will probably include the following:
We’ re here to assist you understand the ins and outs of your greatest options.
one Welcome : Your One-Stop-Shop
In terms of marketing asset administration, Welcome brings all the relocating parts of your content strategy (including different file types, file formats, sources, and destinations) to one dashboard.
Why is this single dashboard so crucial? According to a Welcome /Sirkin study, 77% of marketing experts say that visibility is critical in order to marketing.
And yes it doesn’ t end there. Welcome also goes a tad farther in project management and creative work flow management. The engineers there has to have realized that marketing asset management doesn’ t exist in isolation
For your content creation process, Welcome also offers:
- Creative workflow templates
- Marketing media editorial calendars
- Project workflow automation
From here, you can influence its extensive range of functions, including:
- Advanced search: using metadata taxonomy , your team can lookup, find and rapidly share media assets from your media library.
- Brand consistency: from providing a solitary source of truth for brand name guidelines and showing modifications in real-time, Welcome allows your marketing and sales teams to stay on the same page concerning brand image, voice, plus tone, hence improving consumer experience.
- Provide all your assets under one roof: tired of your whitepapers, videos, rich media, plus recordings being all over the place? By centralizing all your marketing assets , Welcome bringing them all within your achieve through a single dashboard.
- Creative workflow: create your creative workflows one stage at a time with editorial web templates, time tracking, and efficiency tracking on the backdrop associated with excellent file-sharing capabilities.
- File sharing and conversion: sharing files using emails and having to zip plus unzip them throughout the procedure is annoying for everyone. Welcome allows you to share files across teams without having to convert them into different formats personally.
- Versioning: Welcome ‘ s MAM solution enables you to track media files throughout their different version updates, also called version manage . You can track a video’ s optimization journey from its first editing, reuse, and repurposing to its fifth version from your dash and make universal up-dates across the board.
- Content repurposing: 85% associated with internet users enjoy video content material. However , making videos is usually both expensive and time-consuming. With little marketing effort, Welcome ‘ s marketing templates enable your teams to transform creative files from Photoshop into reusable marketing and advertising templates.
2 . Wrike: Simplicity In a Price
This particular MAS solution is a SaaS that offers moderate functionality inside your marketing asset management program.
Wrike just offers marketing asset administration through API integrations with other digital marketing asset techniques such as Media Vallet.
You can deploy this from any platform except for a mobile app, with monthly pricing of $9. 80 per month, your group gets:
- Integration: Wrike enables your own MAM system to seamlessly integrate with other content management tools such as Media Vallet.
- Collaboration across creative teams: Wrike’ ersus messaging and planning equipment make cohesion and cooperation easier.
- Task management: leveraging agile methodologies and tools such as Gaant charts, Wrike makes your execution and supervision of projects more efficient.
- Advanced search: Wrike offers an advanced search option for searching and sorting media files.
Wrike is a pretty decent MAM system that would have been better yet with a metadata management option.
3. Monday. com: A HR Team’ s Favorite
Monday is another entry within the long list of usable content management systems.
Monday, in general, has always been favored by HR teams. However, a few businesses outside this scope use their solutions.
For monthly pricing of $10 a month, Monday will offer the following features:
- Asset categorization: are all your advertising assets (images, videos, audios, etc . ) piled up in one folder? Well, Monday’ s asset categorization will place your house in order and create segments for each brand asset.
- Asset library: Monday also offers a cloud-based resource library that your marketing group can access anywhere plus anytime.
- Reporting and analytics: Monday wraps up its list of strengths with effective analytics and reporting capability that will give you 360-degree visibility over your company.
4. Asana: Your Go-to Meant for Customization
Like many other project management software choices, Asana offers marketing resource management services through integrations with other software.
Asana tries to compensate for its lack of an inbuilt MAM platform with workflow management and project automation.
With Asana, your marketing team gets:
- Real-time notifications: with Asana, everybody gets the memo. Its real-time notification system synchronizes cross-team communication hence enhancing productivity.
- Reports and analytics: Asana uses quality metrics and performance indicators to help your marketing teams with informed decision-making.
- Workflow Management: Asana provides decent workflow management given that that’ s its section of specialty.
5. Trello: Simplicity In One Single Dashboard
Ever heard the saying “ simpleness is the greatest sophistication”? That declaration is the only way to explain Trello’ s foray into marketing asset management software program.
Their simpleness is something that many love. However , the moment the need to repurpose marketing content and other advanced features rises, issues may arise.
Because of its limited number of features, a discussion about Trello as a marketing and advertising management tool shouldn’ to take that long. These features include:
- Reporting/analytics: Trello offers a strong analytics platform that delivers key metrics about your marketing campaign to you in real-time.
- Advanced Search: Trello leverages metadata taxonomy to sort and lookup different media files. Consequently, this feature enables fast cloud storage and collection.
- Workflow Management: having issues with your innovative workflows? Trello may provide a fix. It offers calendars themes and automation to bring your marketing team back to marketing life.
Trello is an excellent tool in the context of simplicity.
6. Box: Impair Storage Simplified
Box stands out of this list for one reason; this software program solution is centered entirely about data storage.
From a starting price of $10 a month, Box offers:
- Asset categorization: Box will segment your own marketing materials into different memory portions. You can have a social media file, a brand logo design file, and a video file, depending on the files your advertising department uses.
- Segmentation: Box can make the process of searching and sorting easier. Look at it this way. You get to look for marketing content in a part of the memory instead of the whole memory.
- Asset library: since Box can be less of a marketing asset management solution and more of the cloud storage option, it provides an asset library by default. You and your marketing team can entry this library from anyplace and anytime so long as you have a stable internet connection.
Box’ s “ data storage at a price” model may remind companies that embrace it of totally free services like DropBox.
7. Workfront: An Integration Solution
Workfront is a marketing asset management platform specializing in work management, project management, and online proofing.
Sadly, its range of features as a MAM vendor generally depends on integrations with other MAM platforms.
Via its integrations, Workfront provides:
- File sharing: as a single source of truth, Workfront will go a long way in helping you pass media data files externally and internally within your marketing organization.
- File conversion: Workfront is going to take away the hassle of converting media files from one file format to another before transferring all of them across marketing teams.
In conclusion, Workfront’ s MAM is pretty bare bones. This conclusion will be expected since Workfront doesn’ t specialize in MAM to begin with.
8. Bynder: Your Intuitive MAM answer
Bynder is really a SaaS solution that promises to revolutionize your company’ s relationship with its marketing and advertising assets.
This particular platform is a favorite designed for mid-market companies that want the full benefits of a MAM vendor without having to pay billions like established multinationals.
Among its wide range of solutions and an enterprise estimate, Bynder offers
- Creative workflows: Bynder’ s set of creative workflow tools enable your team to organize marketing content from its inception to its distribution.
- Video brand name studio: Bynder’ s built-in studio makes it easier for the team to create, adapt, handle and distribute video resources.
- File sharing: Bynder takes the hassle out of expressing files and controlling gain access to for both internal and external celebrations in your marketing teams.
Bynder is an excellent tool; its only disadvantage is its limited application. Bynder only deploys upon android and iOS. As a result, it’ s not available upon Desktop Mac and Desktop Microsoft Windows.
What’ s The Best Advertising Asset Management Software?
Well, it depends.
Your decision will come down to your budget, business needs, and preferences. However , in our biased opinion, we would go with Welcome .
Welcome is the best alternative for one cause: it’ s an umbrella. With marketers using upwards of 12 equipment , adding one more siloed system to your stack is an unnecessary headache.
You may have noticed that the other competitors offer project management along with MAM as an afterthought or specialize in MAM with task management as an afterthought.
Welcome offers both.
Welcome Does It All
Delightful will be your one-stop shop for all factors marketing asset management. Our wide range of services covers marketing and advertising asset management, project administration, creative agile workflows, and inbound marketing, all below one dashboard.
For more information, contact us today plus let us be part of your tale.