Are you getting a “ Write-up unavailable” error on TikTok?
Many users are experiencing this error message on their “ For You” web page.
It typically happens intended for underaged users on TikTok.
For example , if you’ lso are 13 years old, you’ ll get the error message whenever viewing inappropriate content.
With this guide, you’ ll understand why TikTok says the post is unavailable and how to fix “ Submit unavailable ” on TikTok.
Why does TikTok say the post can be unavailable?
TikTok says the blog post is unavailable because you’ ve set your age in order to 13 to 15 years of age.
If you’ lso are underage , posts that will TikTok detects as “ inappropriate” will be restricted to suit your needs.
TikTok aims to develop the safe and welcoming system for everyone.
That said, they introduced a bunch of privacy and protection settings.
Certain privacy plus safety settings cannot be edited if you’ re underage.
For example , if you’ re aged 13 to 15 years old, the “ Video downloads” setting is turned off by default and it cannot be changed.
Similarly, the feature to watch “ inappropriate” movies on TikTok is restricted intended for underaged users by default.
Nevertheless, some users are above the age of 18 but some blogposts on their “ For You” page are still protected.
In the event that that’ s the case, the “ Post unavailable” information is a bug.
Here’ s i9000 what @Lamiixo tweeted, “ When did TikTok begin having “post unavailable”? ”.
Apparently, @Lamiixo is not the only person facing this issue as many other users are complaining about it on Reddit, YouTube, and other social media platforms.
How to fix “Post unavailable” on TikTok
To repair “ Post unavailable” on TikTok, you need to turn off “ Restricted Mode”.
If you’ ve accidentally set your actual age to below 16, you have to contact TikTok to change your birthday.
You’ ll only have complete access to TikTok’ s features if you’ re eighteen years old or above.
Additionally, you can create a new TikTok account and set your age to 18 or above.
1 . Switch off “ Restricted Mode”
- Open up TikTok and go to your profile.
- Touch on the menu icon.
- Select “ Settings and privacy”.
- Tap on “ Digital Wellbeing”.
- Select “ Restricted Mode”.
- Tap on “ Turn off”.
After you’ ve tapped on “ Turn off”, you need to enter the passcode that you’ ve set.
If somebody turned off restricted mode to suit your needs, you need to ask them for the passcode.
Restricted mode limits videos that may be inappropriate for some people.
Hence, if you want to see all videos on your “ For You” page, you need to disable restricted mode.
2 . Contact TikTok (for help/to change your birthday)
- Go to the “ Share your feedback gong9deng ” form. gong10deng gong7deng Enter your email address. gong10deng gong7deng Enter your TikTok username. gong10deng gong7deng Select “Change account information” as the category, gong10deng gong7deng Select “General question” or “Other” as the subcategory. gong10deng gong7deng Explain your issue in the “How can we help?” field. gong10deng gong7deng Tick the statements. gong10deng gong7deng Submit the form. gong10deng gong25deng gong4deng gong5deng gong0deng In the “How can we help?” field, you need to say what you need help with. gong1deng gong0deng For example, if you’ve accidentally set your age to 13 years old but you’re actually 18 years old, you need to explain it. gong1deng gong0deng You can also gong2deng attach a photo of your ID gong3deng to prove your age. gong1deng gong0deng After you’ve submitted the form, you need to wait for a few days for TikTok’s response. gong1deng gong0deng TikTok will contact you by email, so make sure to gong2deng check your junk/spam gong3deng folder too. gong1deng gong0deng If you’re 18 years old but you’re getting the “Post unavailable” error, you need to select the “Report a bug” category instead of the “Change account information” category. gong1deng gong0deng Here’s an example of a description, “Hi TikTok, I’m 18 years old but I’m still getting the post unavailable error when I view certain TikTok videos. Please help me to fix this”. gong1deng gong0deng You can also report a problem on the app by going to your profile > Menu > Settings and privacy > Report a problem.
3. Make a new TikTok account
The last method is to create a new TikTok account.
This is the best way to avoid the “ Post unavailable” error from happening.
When you’ re creating a brand new TikTok account, you need to set your age to 18 years old or above.
This is because if you established your age to 13 years old, you won’ t have access to a lot of features on TikTok.
This includes the ability to watch videos that are deemed as inappropriate.