Are you obtaining a “ This post is age-protected” error on TikTok?
Numerous users are experiencing this particular error message on their “ For You” page.
It typically happens for underaged users on TikTok.
For instance , if you’ re thirteen years old, you’ ll have the error message when looking at inappropriate content.
In this tutorial, you’ ll learn precisely why TikTok says age secured and how to fix “ This post is age-protected ” on TikTok.
Why does TikTok say age protected?
TikTok says age guarded because you’ ve established your age to 13 to 15 years old.
In case you’ re underage , posts that TikTok detects as “ inappropriate” or even “ mature” will be restricted for you.
TikTok aims to produce a safe and welcoming platform for everyone.
As a result, they introduced a bunch of privacy and protection settings.
Some privacy and safety settings cannot be changed if you’ re underage.
For example , if you’ re aged 13 in order to 15 years old, the “ Video downloads” setting is turned off by default and it cannot be changed.
Similarly, the ability to view “ inappropriate” videos on TikTok is restricted for underaged users by default.
That said, a few users are above the age of 18 but some posts on their “ For You” page are still protected.
If that’ s the case, the “ This post is age-protected” information is a bug.
Here’ ersus what @Cybrl0li tweeted, “ Hey @tiktok_us, it states “ This post is age group protected” but the restrict setting is off but I’ m 18 years old”.
Apparently, @Cybrl0li is not the only one facing this issue as many others are complaining about it upon Reddit, YouTube, and other social networking platforms.
How to fix “This post is age-protected” upon TikTok
To fix “ This post is age-protected” on TikTok, you need to turn off “ Limited Mode”.
If you’ ve accidentally set your age to below 16, you need to get in touch with TikTok to change your birthday.
You’ ll have full entry to TikTok’ s features in the event that you’ re 18 years of age or above.
If everything else fails, you need to create a brand new TikTok account and set your actual age to 18 or above.
one Turn off “ Restricted Mode”
- Open TikTok and visit your profile.
- Tap on the menu image.
- Select “ Settings and privacy”.
- Tap on “ Digital Wellbeing”.
- Select “ Restricted Mode”.
- Tap upon “ Turn off”.
After you’ ve tapped on “ Turn off”, you need to enter the passcode that you’ ve set.
When someone turned off restricted mode for you, you need to ask them for your passcode.
Restricted mode limits videos that may be inappropriate for some people.
Hence, if you want to see most of videos on your “ With regard to You” page, you need to turn off the restricted mode.
2 . Contact TikTok (for help or to change your birthday)
- Visit the “ Share your feedback gong9deng ” form. gong10deng gong7deng Enter your email address. gong10deng gong7deng Enter your TikTok username. gong10deng gong7deng Select “Change account information” as the category, gong10deng gong7deng Select “General question” or “Other” as the subcategory. gong10deng gong7deng Describe your issue in the “How can we help?” field. gong10deng gong7deng Agree with the statements. gong10deng gong7deng Submit the form. gong10deng gong25deng gong4deng gong5deng gong0deng In the “How can we help?” field, you need to describe what you need help with. gong1deng gong0deng For example, if you’ve accidentally set your age to 13 years old but you’re actually 18 years old, you need to describe it. gong1deng gong0deng You can also gong2deng attach a photo of your ID gong3deng to prove your age. gong1deng gong0deng After you’ve submitted the form, you need to wait for a few days for TikTok’s response. gong1deng gong0deng TikTok will respond to you by email, so make sure to gong2deng check your junk/spam gong3deng folder too. gong1deng gong0deng If you’re 18 years old but you’re getting the “age-protected” error, you need to select the “Report a bug” category instead of the “Change account information” category. gong1deng gong0deng Here’s an example of a description, “Hi TikTok, I’m 18 years old but I’m still getting the age-protected error when I view certain TikTok videos. Please help me to fix this”. gong1deng gong0deng You can also report a problem on the app by navigating to your profile > Menu > Settings and privacy > Statement a problem.
3. Create a brand new TikTok account
The final method is to create a new TikTok account.
This is the best way to prevent the particular “ This post is age-protected” error from happening.
When you’ re creating a new TikTok account, you need to set your age to eighteen years old or even above.
This is because if you established your age to 13 years old, you won’ t use a lot of features on TikTok.
This includes the ability to watch video clips that are detected as improper.